Top 10 Best Axes Made In Usa: Editor Recommended
The 10 Best Axes Made In Usa Reviews:
1. ESEE Knives James Gibson Camping Bushcraft Axe
The made in the U.S.A. Gibson Axe was designed by James Gibson as a small, compact axe that will easily fit in a backpack. Gibson’s stated goal was a comfortable using tool that could do most camp chores, as well as being used as a carving axe. The Viking bearded head allows for close up work and the finger grooves / textured scales along with the swell on the end provides an excellent gripping surface when chopping.
- ESEE Gibson Axe is a Small, Compact Axe That Will Easily Fit in a Backpack
- Overall Length: 10.5″ – Head Width: 4.5″ – Weight: 20.5 Ounces
- Head Material: 1095 High Carbon Steel – Rockwell Hardness: 55-57 RC
- Finish: Black Oxide Stone Washed – Sheath: Leather – Handle: Sculptured Micarta
- “Best In The Industry” No Questions Asked Lifetime Guarantee, Made In The USA
2. Off Grid Tools Pro Trucker’s Friend – Yellow, Carbon Steel Blade
The trucker’s friend is an all purpose tool, built tough and specifically designed to meet the needs of professional truck drivers. In any situation that requires hacking, prying, pulling or pounding, you will feel real peace of mind with this serious tool on board. It includes curved axe, spanner, hammer, nail puller, tire chain hook, pry bar and lever. The USA-made Trucker’s Friend is an all-purpose tool, built tough and specifically designed to meet the needs of professional truck drivers. But it’s so much more. In any situation that requires hacking, prying, pulling or pounding, you will feel real peace of mind with this serious tool on board. The Truckers Friend is backed by a no-hassle Lifetime Replacement Guarantee. A durable, powerful multitool The Trucker’s Friend features a Shock-Absorbing PowerGrip on the non-conducting fiberglass handle for easy handling. The head is a cast alloy steel blade and shank that’s been heat-treated for extra strength, with a rust-resistant matte finish. Wide Array of Uses Truckers This professional-grade tool is truly the trucker’s best friend.
Whether removing objects embedded in tires, repairing (or dismantling) pallets or chopping away ice and debris, you’ll feel real peace of mind with this serious tool in the cab beside you. Emergency Whether breaking your way out of a burning vehicle, prying up debris to free a trapped victim, or for aggressive self-defense; in any situation that requires hacking, prying, pulling or pounding, the Trucker’s Friend can be a true lifesaver. Used by Search-and-Rescue professionals. Outdoors The Trucker’s Friend replaces many tools to make your hiking, hunting, camping or other off-road experience safe and enjoyable. Whether chopping kindling, pounding tent stakes or even for protection from wild animals,
you’ll be glad for this strong companion on your next trip ‘out there’. Job Site The Trucker’s Friend is an indispensable addition to every tool kit – both for professionals as well as DIYers. Whether on the job site, in your home workshop, around the farm on in the trunk of your vehicle, you’ll be glad for the company of this unique and versatile multi-tool. Zombies The Trucker’s Friend, aka the Zombinator, is a must-have should there be a Zombie Apocalypse. You can hack, pound, pull or pry just about anything into submission. Definitely won’t fly at an airport security checkpoint.
- ALL PURPOSE TOOL: The Trucker’s Friend is an all-purpose tool, built tough and originally designed to meet the needs of professional truck drivers as well as campers, survivalists, preppers, and everyday users.
- INCLUDED FEATURES: In any situation that requires hacking, prying, pulling, or pounding you will feel real peace of mind with this serious tool on board. It includes a curved axe, spanner, hammer, nail puller, tire chain hook, pry bar, and lever.
- SHOCK ABSORBING GRIP: This tool includes a shock absorbing power grip and light weight fiberglass handle that will be comfortable in the hand and always have extra leverage while working.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Get all the stability you need during serious jobs with the carbon steel blade that is heat treated and extremely durable with a rust resistant matte finish. The dimensions are 19.5 x 5.5 x 2 inches and weighs 2.2 pounds.
- HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS: Off Grid Tools brings the latest and greatest outdoor multipurpose tools that are functional, versatile, high quality, and innovative. Put survival in the palm of your hand during long adventures hiking, hunting, fishing, and camping.
3. Off Grid Tools Pro Survival Axe Elite – Black, All Steel
The multi-purpose survival tools truly does-it-all for every contingency. Containing 22 features that are necessary for the outdoors, they will help you through any situation. When the going gets tough, this is the tool you need.
- Fold out ferrocerium fire starter and magnesium tinder rods
- Carbide blade sharpener
- Fail-safe whistle, 109dB
- Compass & thermometer
- Feature rich removable stainless steel belt clip
- Can & bottle opener
- Flat screwdriver
- 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″, 7/16″ hex wrench
- The OGT Survival Axe Elite is the ultimate outdoor multitool. With 30 features, the tool is ready for any situation, from chopping, clearing debris, demolition, pounding in and removing tent stakes, or repairing your deer stand.
- The build incorporates an all-steel full tang and axe head with an ultra-strong, lightweight glass filled nylon handle, a heat-treated hatchet blade that can be resharpened, and a hammer head and claw.
- The inner changeable 6” bi-metal saw blade folds out of the handle, locks into place, and will saw through just about anything you need it to. The gas valve shut off wrench with integrated bottle opener saves the day in multiple ways.
- Only 11 inches long and weighs just over 1.5 pounds, the survival axe is large enough to do damage yet compact to fit in the glove box or small bag. The car escape tool at the base of the handle includes a seat belt cutter and window punch.
- Off Grid Tools brings the latest and greatest outdoor multipurpose tools that are functional, versatile, high quality, and innovative. Put survival in the palm of your hand during long adventures hiking, hunting, fishing, and camping.
4. Bladed Tomahawk Throwing Axe – 19 Inch Handle
- Cheap axes are from low quality steel, then imported with limited quality control and sacrifice long term durability for added profit. We’ve kept this one completely USA made from premium 4140 steel, then heat treated to 53-55 RC hardness – the perfect hardness rating to keep the edge soft enough to sharpen (and not shatter on impact) and strong enough to hold that edge for a long time. We get our handles and sheaths in the US too!
- We believe a throwing axe shouldn’t have a set screw to secure the head to the handle. Ask any professional thrower (or see the reviews) and they’ll tell you a friction fit head to handle is the way to go. Your throwing hawk will last longer and so will your handle.
- A hatchet handle may break eventually. You aren’t helping yourself if you buy handles made from mediocre or low grade wood. Our handles are premium A grade American hickory, cut and turned along the wood grain (straight grain handles are stronger), sanded smooth, then fire hardened, and finished with a thick coat of lacquer.
- If your an axe thrower, you know that the weight and dimensions of the axe matter. If your handle is too long or the head is too heavy, it affects the rotation and balance of the hawk. We’ve tested various sizes, shapes, and weights and our findings show that our axe (1.75 lbs) is the perfect ratio of handle length to head weight. It’s also the ideal size for you to throw one handed (baseball style) or with both hands (overhead style).
- Fans Say They Can’t Put This Hatchet Down: Each BLADED axe is handcrafted for a balanced feel that’s not too light (causing the axe to become uncontrollable), or too heavy (making it hard to use), so you’ll enjoy throws that feel solid, fun, and easy to stick; In fact, many say this hatchet feels so good that friends are begging to use it
- USA-Made & Ready-To-Throw: Unlike cheaper import hand hatchets that wobble, fall apart, require assembly (or even modification), your BLADED throwing tomahawk is handmade in the USA, with the fully-sharpened steel head pre-installed onto the smooth hickory handle, so you’re ready for action right out of the box; Plus, our All-American quality control means you’ll spend no time tinkering, and more time throwing and chopping
- Premium Heat-Treated Steel Axe That Stays Sharp: Don’t waste time with low-quality import survival hatchets or cheap throwing axes that break, chip, and shatter after only a handful of throws; Throwers say this durable forged 4140 steel head stays sharp longer than soft steel options – and they say the friction-fit doesn’t wobble or slip off (even after a full season of competition)
- Premium Hickory Axe Handle Stops Slips: As soon as the flame-hardened hickory handle hits your hand you’ll know this is a competition-ready throwing axe you can trust; Using long-grain cuts of American Hickory, each handle is hand-turned and then fire-roasted for maximum durability that won’t split, splinter or shatter – your handle is then sanded and lacquered for a smooth feel that stops blisters and ends the embarrassment of slipped throws
- Multipurpose Axe For Camping, Chopping & Survival: Not just a great throwing axe, fans say this axe also shreds wood and is a beast of a kindling axe; Plus, the included leather sheath lets you confidently store your BLADED Hatchet in any bag or backpack as a survival hatchet, while keeping your tent, and other precious cargo safe from accidental slices and cuts
5. Adler Yankee Hatchet – German made with a 15 inch handle coated
The Adler Yankee Hatchet is an all-purpose companion in the wilderness or for managing tasks closer to home. Ergonomic US-hickory handle with unique anti-slip paint for better grip. The head shape is the classic “”Yankee”” pattern. Each hatchet comes with a heavy-duty leather sheath and a cotton storage bag.
Founded in 1919, the Adler factory builds on four generations of knowhow to produce world class axes—Made in Germany. The cornerstone of today’s company was laid by Josef Schmitt when he founded a small village blacksmith shop in 1919 in southern Germany. His intuition and hand-on approach resulted in steel formed and hardened in a perfect manner. All aspects of axe creation were to his high-quality standards. Our axes today are fabricated with the same passion, exactness and high quality standards that our founder committed the company to 100 years ago.
Our recent improvements include water-based paint facility in 2004 and our automatic drying kiln in 2006. We are also proud that wood waste is used to generate the power that runs our factory. The newest generation of the Schmitt family are committed to modernizing the factory to meet state-of-the-art sustainability and production standards, while never losing sight of the heritage that makes Adler unique. All of our axes contain the “JSW” mark. The “JS” are for Josef Schmitt, the founder of our company. The “W” stands for the small village of Wiesental which is located just south of the current factory location in Waghäusel. Adler guarantees that the axe will be free of manufacturer’s defects for the life of the axe. At Adler’s sole discretion, axes will be repaired or replaced. The guarantee does not cover abuse, normal wear and tear of the axe or improper storage and maintenance. Missing the target and striking the axe handle against that target is not a warranty event.
- An all-purpose companion in the wilderness or for managing tasks closer to home.
- Ergonomic US-hickory handle with unique anti-slip paint for better grip
- Head weight: 1.5 Lbs. Total weight: 2.2 Lbs. Steel type: C45. Rockwell hardness of head: 47-55 hrc
- Adler has been granted a Forest Stewardship Council Certification (FSC) which the company renews each year.
- Adler guarantees that the axe will be free of manufacturer’s defects for the life of the axe*.
6. Higher Objects Wrap Men’s Bracelet – Genuine Leather and Metal
The Axe Passion bracelet for men, is for the nature-loving woodsman hunting for dinner. Or it’s a subtle representation of the immortal creature after whom you’ve modeled your greatest cosplay outfit yet!
Available in precision crafted silver or black stainless steel on brown or black USA leather, whether you’re chopping down or dressing up, this is the passion for your wrist.
Adjusts to fit all wrist sizes. Stainless steel, USA leather.
- MADE IN USA. Each mens bracelet is designed, made, and thoroughly inspected at every stage of production right here in America for excellent craftsmanship.
- STAINLESS STEEL. Our mens bracelets will neither tarnish nor rust because they are made from high-quality stainless steel that is built to last for years.
- GENUINE LEATHER. ONE SIZE FITS ALL. Featuring a premium-grade American leather strap, this bracelet has adjustable slip knots that comfortably fits all wrist sizes. Easily adjusts to any wrist size with two adjustable slip knots, fitting both men’s and women’s wrists.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY – We stand behind our quality as everything is made with care in our Los Angeles studio factory.
7. WilFiks Chopping Axe, 15” Camping Outdoor Hatchet
- Our Wood Chopping Axe is designed for easy chopping Of Firewood, Logs, Kindling and Branches. The Optimized blade geometry is designed for maximum efficiency to give you more one-strike splits. Ideal for campers, hikers, outdoor activities, preparing wood for bonfires and garden work.
- The Forged Carbon Steel Heat Treated blade which improves its density and makes the axe more durable produces smooth, sharp, and quick splits and stays sharp longer than traditional axes. You can count on this Hand Axe to deliver superior, long lasting performance.
- Our Hatched is Designed with a Shock Absorbing Anti Slip Grip, Cold Resistant Ergonomic Shaped Fiberglass Handle which will reduce the strain on your hand, resists slipping and adds comfort.
- The Chopping Blade features a fully Polished Finished Edge which can easily be resharpened with a file. The Weighted Wedge design makes chopping logs and firewood a breeze.The good balance between head and shaft creates a superior Camping Axe for safe, comfortable and efficient use.
- The blade comes with a Rubber Protective Sheath for safe storage and transport. After use, simply apply the rubber protective cover and hang the Hatchet from the hole that is featured for easy and convenient storage.
8. X27 Super Splitting Axe 36 Inch
Fiskars axes combine perfect weight distribution, advanced blade geometry and an ultra-sharp edge to disperse wood more effectively. The result? More one-strike splits with every swing.
When it comes to axes, bigger isn’t always better. To choose the best length for your height, extend the arm while holding the axe. Swing the handle back towards you as if holding a bow. The end of the handle should line up right where your arm extension begins.
Fiskars ultra-sharp chopping axes chop deeper with every swing, making them ideal for feeling trees. To prep firewood, choose Fiskars splitting axes, designed to help you easily split small- to medium-sized logs.
- Ideal for taller users splitting medium- to large-sized logs
- Designed for maximum efficiency to give you more one-strike splits. Textured non-slip grip reduces hand strain and improves control
- Perfected balance and power-to-weight ratio increases swing speed to multiply power, much like an aluminum baseball bat
- Advanced bevel convex blade geometry adds power and makes the blade easier to remove from wood
- Lifetime warranty. Item weight: 5.85 pounds
9. Snow & Nealley 016S Our Best Single Bit Snow
Versatile & practical. Ideal for a variety of everyday tasks. This 27 1/2″ Our best single bit axe is the right size for the job. Comes with brown leather blade guard & The sturdy & trustworthy American Hickory handle.
- Snow & Nealley “our best” 2-1/4 lb. Single bit axe is a versatile utility axe that works well on fence posts, garden stakes, limbing a felled tree, and all sorts of other practical jobs around the home and campsite.
- Ground on stone wheels, it has a factory edge like no other axe on the market today. Tempered in fires to produce a hardness to the tool that you can’t find on any other axe.
- Small enough to be practical for all jobs, yet big enough to get the job done.
- Overall length: 28 3/16″
- Overall weight: 3 lb., 3.6 oz
10. NedFoss Hatchet with Sheath, 9 inch Full Tang Small Axes
This hatchet is perfectly engineered to delivering where it matters. Featuring a shortened handle and a broad axe blade, it ideal for splitting kindling wood and doing other precision work. Unlike hatchets with longer handles, the short handle on the Warthog Hatchet allows for far more precise hits due to the shortened distance between the handhold and the blade.
- This small axe is designed with premium 440 stainless steel heat treated blade, providing razor sharp cutting performance. The full tang construction of this ax is robust and reliable, ensuring top functionality and guaranteed longevity.
- Our hatchet is designed with precious natural wood and etched warthog handle, which is both ergonomic and aesthetic. This camping axe provides balance and comfortable grip to use for camping and backpacking.
- Designed with versatility and utility in mind, this camping hatchet lacks the power for full-on wood-splitting but is easier to control for smaller tasks like fixing garden, DIY home, farm projects, and even fire rescue.
- Includes a nylon sheath to protect hand sharpened cutting edge. You can wear it in your waist belt or store it in your backpack that makes your hiking easier and more convenient.
- 9” overall length with a blade length of 4.5”, a blade thickness of 4.4mm and a weight of 0.95lbs. The camp axe is sharp and dangerous, please be careful when you using.